The Wharton Club of Charlotte is pleased to welcome Baba Prasad to discuss his forthcoming book, Nimble: Make Yourself and Your Company Resilient in the Age of Constant Change.
Prasad – who earned his Ph.D. from Wharton – is a Wharton fellow, management consultant, and leading thinker in strategy and innovation. You can read his full bio here.
Humans principally rely on intelligence when they face turbulent change and need to be agile. Prasad wonders, “Can there be an organizational equivalent for intelligence?” – and this question has led to some very interesting answers. Through case studies drawn from Brazil to south India and from France to Arkansas, Prasad’s research gives us a simple, inexpensive framework to become resilient leaders and to create resilient companies that can handle all kinds of change.
During this session, Prasad will share the insights from his book that have come from more than fifteen years of research at some of the world’s best business schools. You’ll learn how to:
- Use the five agilities we need in order to be nimble - analytical, operational, inventive, communicative, and visionary – to solve practically any problem
- Assess the agilities profile you and your company have right now
- Find out what agilities profile is right for your organization
- Move from your current agilities profile to the necessary agilities profile
Nimble has been called the new paradigm that bridges business strategy and personal leadership in an era of turbulence. It has received advance praise from business thinkers like Wharton’s Adam Grant, Dan Pink, Tom Rath, and Vijay Govindarajan as well as from CEOs like Brad Smith (Intuit), Frans van Houten (Royal Philips), Frank D’Souza (Cognizant), and John Replogle (Seventh Generation).
Though copies of Nimble will not be sold at this event, you are encouraged to preorder your copy (or copies) here to receive many special bonus offers. We hope to see you there!
Date: April 26, 2018
Time: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Parker, Poe, Adams and Bernstein
Three Wells Fargo Center
401 South Tryon Street
Suite 3000 (30th floor)
Charlotte NC 28202
- $20 for Wharton Club Members
- $25 for Non-Members
- $1 for Joseph Wharton Members
- Boxed lunch will be included